Wireless Keyboards FAQs
1. Does the keyboard have Bluetooth?
Yes, there are three channels that can be used to switch between different Bluetooth devices.2. Is there a receiver included in the box?
RF receiver: There is one USB TYPE A RF receiver for connection via RF 2.4GHz, as well as a free TYPE A to TYPE C adapter accessory.
Bluetooth: A Bluetooth receiver is a built into most PCs. Make sure your PC supports Bluetooth 4.0 or above before purchase to connect via Bluetooth.
Your Wombat keyboard can be paired with a tablet via Bluetooth for typing wirelessly. Or, if your tablet has a type C USB port, you can plug the keyboard into the tablet and it’s ready to go.
4, Wireless keyboards always have typing delay
RF wireless mode or Bluetooth mode in the game scene may appear some slightly and imperceptible delay, which is related to the interference of the surrounding environment, but it must be much better than the lag caused by the network speed, for daily use the delay is not obvious. Our advanced wireless communication features ”REX 2.0” is targeted to improve this kind of issue with optimized communication protocol.
5. If I am using the RF dongle, can I switch to Bluetooth? How do I switch between the two?
Press key combination Fn+1, and the indicator flashes once to switch to RF wireless mode.
Press key combination Fn+2, and the indicator flashes once to switch to Bluetooth channel 1.
Press the key combination Fn+3, and the indicator flashes once to switch to Bluetooth channel 2.
Press the key combination Fn+4, and the indicator flashes once to switch to Bluetooth channel 3.
Press the key combination Fn+5 to enter USB wired mode.
6. How can I disable already-matched Bluetooth channels with devices 1, 2, 3, if I want to connect a new Bluetooth device?
Press and hold the key combination Fn+2 for two seconds to see the LEDs blink three times, then Bluetooth device 1 is erased.
Press and hold the key combination Fn+3 for two seconds to see the LEDs blink three times, then Bluetooth device 2 is erased.
Press and hold the key combination Fn+4 for two seconds to see the LEDs blink three times, then Bluetooth device 3 is erased.
7. The keyboard is unresponsive in RF mode keyboard. How can I get the keyboard to respond?
Make sure the keyboard has been switched into RF mode:
Aspen Pro (WE68)/Ginkgo (WM69) keyboards >>Press FN+Z
Oak (WE87)/Pine (WE108) and WM series keyboards Pine Pro/Maple Pro >> Press FN+1
8. I’m sure the keyboard has been switched to RF mode, but the keyboard still does not work.
TRY PAIRING THE WIRELESS DONGLE AGAIN, MAKING SURE THE WIRELESS DONGLE IS WITHIN 20CM OF YOUR COMPUTER:
Aspen Pro (WE68)/Ginkgo (WM69) keyboards >>Press FN+Z OR 3 SECS
Oak (WE87)/Pine (WE108) and WM series keyboards Pine Pro/Maple Pro >> Press FN+1 FOR 3 SECS
9. Which devices are compatible with my Wombat keyboard?
A wide variety of brands: Apple/ Lenovo/ Samsung/ Dell notebooks, laptops, AND all types of mobile phones, such as Apple/ Android/ Huawei. The keyboard supports OS layout switching, compatible with Windows and Apple computer systems. Press and hold Fn+A for 3 seconds to enter Apple macOS mode, and press and hold Fn+M for 3 seconds to enter Windows mode.
10. How is the keyboard battery charged?
The keyboard is designed with a built-in, non-removable lithium battery. When the keyboard is connected to the USB port of your computer, the battery will begin charging. When charging, ensure the switch on the back of the keyboard is turned ON.
11. Do I need to charge my new keyboard after purchase?
The keyboard is shipped pre-charged and does not need charging immediately after it’s received. Simply plug the USB cable into your computer, and you can start to use the keyboard in wired or wireless mode.
12. How long does the keyboard need to be charged after use?
Due to the wide variety of use scenarios, battery life varies and it’s impossible to accurately estimate battery life. Typically, the keyboard lasts for 20 weeks after being fully charged. Connect the keyboard to your computer occasionally to charge before use, which also helps extend battery life.
13. What type of cable comes with the keyboard?
The original data and charging cable is an un-braided, anti-interference PVC cable.
14. How can I check if the integrated battery is fully charged?
Battery life is displayed on the dashboard of your PC’s Bluetooth connection settings at estimated intervals of 100%, 80%, 60%, 40% and 0% charged.
15. Mac's Launch pad does not work. Does it need to be programmed?
Yes, Launch pad settings are as follows:
- In Mac OS, click the "Apple" menu in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click "System Preferences"
- Click the "Keyboard" icon
- In the "Keyboard" window, click the "Keyboard Shortcuts" section
- Select "Launchpad & dock" on the lefthand side
- Tick "show Launchpad" on the right
- Tap the empty space behind
- Press CTRL+L on the keyboard to complete the setting, and click “x” to close
16. Does the Do Not Disturb key need to be programmed?
Yes, follow the steps below to program:
- Press "Launch pad" to set 1-4 points
- Select "Mission Control" on the lefthand side
- Tick "Turn Do not disturb ON/OFF" on the right
- Tap the empty space behind
- Press CTRL+ALT+OPTION+S on the keyboard to complete the setting, and click “x” to close